David Weekley are building Estate Homes on some of the deepest lots in Mueller. These are custom homes which face Lake Park, and the first started construction in summer 2011. This is a home specified by the builder which serves as a proof of concept – it’s often hard for people to appreciate what is in the works just by looking at a list of specs and a floorplan.
These larger custom homes participate in the Environments For Living® standard which guarantees your energy usage in the home. That’s pretty significant if you consider the size of the home and it dovetails nicely into the goals of the neighborhood. I really like these lots as they are right across the park from the large lake, and they give easy access to the future Town Center and the mixed use areas.
David Weekley have a tradition of building demonstrably energy efficient homes in the rest of Central Austin, and it’s nice to see them bring that into Mueller.
At a glance:
- 3275 sqft home
- 4-5 bedrooms / 4 full bathrooms
- 0.2778 acre lot per TCAD (the first home 4301 Mattie St)
- formal dining
- game room
- 2 car garage and workshop
- European Frameless White Shaker Kitchen Cabinets
- GE Monogram Stainless Steel Appliances with Stainless Vent Hood,
- Madura Gold Granite Counter Tops with Natural Stone Backsplash
- Bamboo Hardwood Floors to improve indoor air quality
- Spray Foam sealed attic insulation – keeps ducts and condenser in cooler conditions for higher efficiency and reduces heat load on home
- 50 gallon sealed combustion high efficiency water heater – apparently more efficient than tankless according to the builder which is news to me.
- Energy star light fixtures throughout
- Solar ready – given the current solar incentives this is a great way to bring your utility usage down
- Car charging station – which is a great asset in the era of the Leaf, the Volt and the plug-in hybrid
- UGMO water sensor system for lawn – it sends details about soil moisture wirelessly to the controller to reduce over-watering
- 5-star Austin Energy Green Building Program
- ENERGY STAR qualification
- LEED Certified, though not sure at what level yet
- Environments For Living